The South Boston real estate market is experiencing low inventory and high demand with the rising costs of condos and homes in the Greater Boston area. This neighborhood of Boston has a great balance of lifestyle amenities and commuter options that has made it appealing to buyers in the Boston market. Right now, “Southie” is undergoing a development transformation with an influx of new residents looking for historic homes to renovate and affluent buyers looking for luxury living close to the city.
- South Boston listings just across route 93 are often being compared against historically high-priced and popular areas like Back Bay and South End.
- There is high demand for property, with multiple offers coming in on listings, driving prices upward over asking price. Many buyers are actively looking.
- Buyers can choose between water view or city views for luxury condos and be close to red line T-stops (MBTA) – only a couple stops from Financial District or Downtown Boston.
- The luxury demand is driven by new development of high rises with top of the line unit amenities like chefs kitchen layouts, heated bathroom floors, steam showers, high-end fixtures, garage parking and a gorgeous roof decks with 360-degree views of the city.
- South Boston has a great sense of community. “Southie” is a neighborhood with beautiful homes with a variety of local amenities with a growing number of new restaurants and retail.
- Most buyers prefer units with parking because it is scarce depending on area, like the Seaport area. Sellers are smart to offer parking and South Boston Pads also has parking location services available.
As Southie continues to been reinvented with new renovation and development the demand for property should continue to increase. As more commercial amenities are opened and areas like Broadway and the Seaport continue get a face lift, we will continue to see the upward trend. If you are interested in selling or buying in South Boston, contact us at (617) 208 2111 or email us.